Monday, May 9, 2011

Miracles All Around!

I made it to GaoXiong!!! I was so excited to see Sister DeVictoria again, and Sister DeMordaunt was even there at the train station with her new trainee! I was just so excited that I completely spaced taking a picture of us three! AHHHHH! Silly spacy  Sister Morey. :) But that's ok--we've still got more opportunities. Sister Demordaunt is in the next area over, so not too far away! I'm so excited to be here and to get to know the ward, investigators, recent converts, less actives, and the people on the street! It really is kinda crazy that I've had different companions every single move-call from the beginning of my mission, and have never been in an area for longer than two, but it's been a great learning experience, and I get to make so many more friends! I'm thinking I'll spend a little more time in this area though. We'll see.  :)

It was SO wonderful to get to talk to you on Sunday! I was so happy to hear each of your voices (even though I thought Jordan's was Mom's for a sec... sorry!!!) except Jake's. Jake, I LOVE YOU!! I especially loved chatting in Chinese--thanks Dad! But of course the best part was hearing and sharing a few miracles that have happened since I've been out here, especially the ones I didn't know about (the letter to the ward and Bishop Bennet's experience). I want to share one more that stands out in my mind that the Lord works through small and simple means, and often in ways that we don't know until later, or never at all.

Lin Li Hui (Anne) had her baptismal interview on Wednesday (right before I left) and passed with flying colors. The scare was the next day when she didn't answer her phone at all and fanged our appointment (didn't show up), which is SO not like her. Sister Ko and I were really worried about it and we decided to say a special prayer for her. When we ended, we both thought for a while, and then Sister Ko said, "She'll be fine." I had the same feeling that it would be ok. I'm just sad that I didn't get to see her one last time before I left the area on Friday. This morning I got to talk to Sister Ko so she would know where to send my luggage to, and she updated me on Anne. She and her new companion went to go find her at her house and they were wondering if they should go in or not because her parents didn't know that she was investigating yet. They knew they had to find her though, so they went inside anyway. When Anne saw that they had come to find her she said, "I thought that if I stopped answering my phone for a while you would forget about me." Of COURSE that wasn't true! They found out she was worried about her parents opposing and so she didn't want to get baptized right away.

Before I left I wanted to give her a picture of Christ right after he was resurrected and came to find Mary next to the empty tomb. I chose that one for her because I loved how it portrayed the light that Christ brought to her, and how he came to personally comfort and minister to her. Since I didn't get to give it to Anne personally, I left it with Sister Ko. She told me that when she gave it to Anne she said, "She knows me so well. This picture is exactly how I feel." I was so touched to hear that that picture really was meaningful to her. I was thankful for the Lord helping me to touch her life and bring her closer to Christ through that small and simple act. I hope it will give her enough strength to overcome this obstacle and make it all the way through baptism and on to the Celestial Kingdom. I know it's only through Christ that it's possible!

I'm so grateful to be a missionary. I'm looking for the little miracles every day. I'm grateful that sometimes the Lord lets me know the second half of the story (like with Bishop Bennet, talking to Sister Ko about Anne, Mom's friend reading my blog.... and the list goes on.) It gives me hope to "not be weary in well doing" and to have faith that those little things I do ARE making a difference, even when I never get to hear the other side.

I love you all SOOOO much!!! Jia you!! I KNOW this is the Lord's work, His kingdom, His restored gospel. Let's go out and share it!

All my love,

Sister Morey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment