Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas, again!

Sorry this letter won't be everything I wish it could be cuz we don't have very much time. We're going to the beach! :D But I'll share a little of my testimony and some things that I wrote in my President's letter.
I LOVE being a missionary! I wish I could say I've loved it every single second, but what's most important is that I've made it through--that the Atonement has covered for those parts that were harder than I thought they should've been, and that the Lord has been involved in the details from the beginning. I've grown to love and trust the Savior so much more. I'm so grateful for the Atonement, that has made up for all my imperfections and will continue to make all things right in the end. What a marvelous gift and promise. I'm doing to keep doing my best and, as I learned in personal study this morning, that we ought to walk as He walked. I'm determined to keep helping people live righteous lives focused on the Savior and helping people recieve the restored gospel. That's what I'm here to do, and I'm grateful for the reminders I've had over the last few days.
I'm so excited for this new year and the changes that I'm still going to make to be a better servant of the Lord. I feel so motivated and encouraged to be the missionary I've always wanted to be, and I'm determined to work in faith to be the missionary the Lord has exptected of me. I LOVE Gangshan and I'm SO grateful to serve there, to bring less active people back into full activity enjoying all the blessings of the gospel, and to see the miracles of finding people the Lord has prepared to receive the restored gospel in Gangshan.
Sister Chu is doing so good and is SO strong. I know the Lord has been strengthening her a lot. I love being companions with her. Also, just to let you know, our recent convert passed away this week. Her husband is also SO strong and is determined to go to the temple to be sealed to his precious wife. The mother, however, has been devastated and it was a precious experience to be able to be there for her (the last time we visited the hospital) and just hold her in my arms and let her cry on my shoulder. "Comfort those that stand in need of comfort." She has since said that she's willing to have the missionaries come visit their family. We gave that referral to the QianZhen Elders at the Christmas activity. The Lord works in miraculous ways. I'm just so grateful for the Plan of Salvation that puts things into perspective and for the Atonement that makes everything right.
I love the gospel. I love being a missionary. I love the Lord. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I love you all SO much!!
Love,
Sister Morey






No comments:

Post a Comment