Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Wow, time has flown by and it's already Christmas again!! It really snuck up on me this year--I guess I just lose all track of time (like I totally forgot which day was my year mark and didn't realize it until the day after, haha). 

Thank you SOOOO much for that WAY fun Christmas package! You should've seen my face when I opened it up :) I was seriously like a little kid in awe and just beaming with joy. I carefully made a "Christmas Corner" in our study room where all the presents are sitting, along with the stocking I saved from last year that is now filled with all the candy and small gifts from the package. They're going to be sitting under the ribbon Christmas tree, once I find time to put it up! Most likely tonight :) I'll send you pictures of it next week before I open all the presents :) Sister Zhu and I have also been enjoying a Christmas Advent activity from the Christensens. Every day has a card with a scripture and a Christmas song to sing, as well as a piece of candy to eat! The sad/happy thing is that Sister Zhu has an ulcer so she can't eat any of it... so I get more to eat... and to share with others :P I'll just have to share more of my Christmas candy at the Mission Activity this week so I don't get sick off of it myself! Yay! :D

This month's mission goal has been to have every companionship baptize and rescue. It's been such a sweet experience to go out and find many less actives that are so ready and willing to come back and experience the full blessings of the gospel. I was so happy yesterday to see 4 people that we had invited back to church there at Sacrament Meeting yesterday. If that's not a happy Christmas present, I don't know what is! It was also a sweet experience last night to go on splits with some Relief Society sisters. We went to go visit some sisters who didn't come to church yesterday and shared a little Christmas message with them. We gave them some pictures of Jesus Christ as a baby with a note with a whole bunch of scriptures about Jesus Christ glued onto the back. They were really touched and said they'd read their scriptures more diligently, starting with those scriptures about Christ. It is such a joy to bring people closer to Christ, especially as we celebrate His birth.

As my dear Mission President reminded us, the message we share is that Jesus Christ came into the world to save us from death and sin. This message has been particularly meaningful to me lately as I've seen how much this message means to some dear people around me. Last Monday one of our recent converts has a serious accident (the cause is still not quite known) that caused her brain to hemmorage and has been in a coma for a week now. She had to have surgery to have part of her scull removed to relieve the pressure. She is basically brain dead and we have all been heartbroken by the tragedy. Her husband, also a new member (they've only been married for 3 months and baptized for 1 month) has been acceptionally strong as he's faced this trial. We went to the hospital on Thursday with him and some other members to visit her and I was so touched that everything that came out of his mouth was full of faith. He knew Heavenly Father was watching over his precious wife and that if she left, she would be going to the Celestial Kingdom. I was even more touched yesterday as we showed up to church and we saw him practicing with the ward choir for their musical number. I can hardly believe his faith and diligence in giving service to others and to the Lord, despite the tragedy. Not more than 2 hours ago, my companion also recieved a call saying that her father had passed away. I was floored at her response. Her mom (non-member) asked how she could stay so calm and she answered, "Because I know the Plan of Salvation. I know where those who die go." What comfort and peace the Plan of Salvation and the Atonement bring to people, especially to know that life goes on, all because of Jesus Christ.

I know that this gospel is true, that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that I get to share this message of comfort and peace with others around me. I hope that each of you will have a special Christmas too. I'll get to be there next year with you :) Have a Merry Christmas, and I'll talk to you soon!!

All my love, Sister Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment