Monday, January 30, 2012

"Low-hanging Fruit"

This week has really been amazing. Sister Chu and I are really working on diligence and consecration and I feel like we are enjoying a lot of blessings from it. We have more unity. We are seeing increased miracles. We are finding more and more joy in the work!
 
Since it was Chinese New Year this week, it was a bad week for scheduled lessons, but a great week for eating! We had a whole bunch of members take us out to really nice places and we ate a LOT of hot pot :) SOOO good! I ate lots and lots of vegetables, and some yummy fish and a little other meat. :D But it was awesome, and even though missionary work was tough, we still had a lot of success.
 
Huang jie mei got baptized on Saturday and it was such a beautiful baptism. :) She was all giggles and smiles and it was clear that she was so happy to become a true disciple of Jesus Christ. I wish I could send pictures!! This email place won't let me though... Anyway, He mama will be getting baptized soon as well, and it's been such a blessing to be having so much success and seeing people's lives change.
 
It's been such a rewarding experience to reflect on my mission and realize how much the Lord has blessed me throughout it all. I was promised some very precious things when I was set apart and as I've reviewed the contents of that blessing and the Father's Blessing I received before leaving as well, I've been amazed at just how many of those promises have been fulfilled or are being fulfilled. Over the first few months of my mission I literally could see no way some of them would happen, but it seems like they're all exploding now as I near the end.

The one I've noticed the most lately is the promise that I would "go forth and find the low-hanging fruit." That has been coming to pass like crazy here in Gang Shan, especially over the past week when we realized we really needed to find new investigators and somehow a ton of golden ones just got set on our plate, out of no where. I really have no idea where these people come from! The Lord has been blessing us so much. It has been the biggest testimony builder to see these promises being fulfilled. We are enjoying an abundance of people ready and willing to get baptized. We had one this past Saturday. The service was beautiful. We're going to have at least one, but probably two in February. There are many promising people that could be prepared for March and April. This really is a prepared place.
 
Sorry I don't have much time today. We went on a REALLY fun Zone Activity to go hiking at Monkey Mountain. Totally brought me back to hiking in Hong Kong and Taiwan growing up. We also got some fun pictures with the monkeys! Anyway, I love you all so much, and I'll share more miracles next week! Keep doing the best you can and Heavenly Father will make up the rest. That I know for sure.

All my love,
Sister Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment