Monday, March 28, 2011

Sister Ko is my New Companion!

I AM SOOOO EXCITED!!!! Today is move-call day and I just got my new companion, Sister Ko (Gao Jie Mei). She is absolutely incredible and I can already feel of her love and enthusiasm. Sister Chu moved to another part of Tai Zhong after being here for 5 move-calls (abnormally long). It was tender to see how many people cried when she left. She put her heart into the work, and I'm going to do all I can, with Sister Ko, to carry on her legacy.

Sister Ko is an American-born Chinese, half from Hong Kong, half from Idaho, and has 3 younger siblings about the same age as you guys (Adam, Jake and Jordan)! The only difference is that her littlest sibling is a girl :) I sent a picture of me and her, along with Sister Chu and her new companion, and one of the members in our area, Yuan Ling, who is preparing to serve a mission. SO HAPPY!!

We're looking forward to a few baptisms coming up in the next few weeks! This week Liu Yong Zhang, one of our recent convert's boyfriends, will be getting baptized, and next week a little 8-year old boy of a part-member family will be getting baptized as well. We are so excited for them! The work is moving forward here! Sister Ko will be an incredible strength, and has already expressed her excitement to work with the new members, less-actives, and investigators--and she hasn't even met them yet! Wow, she's such a good example. I know I am going to learn a lot from her this move-call.

Thank you for all your love and support, Mom, Dad, Adam, Jake and Jordan. Even though I haven't heard much from the boys, Mom and Dad have been telling me you've been praying for me. Thank you. I really feel your prayers have strengthened me, and every time I picture you all doing family prayer, I feel SO much love. The gospel has incredible strength to bring families close together, and I have felt of that influence. I love you all SOOOO much!

I know the gospel is true without a doubt. As we live it with a willing, loving heart, the blessings are rich. Jia you!!!

All my love,

Sister Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment