Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Amazing Investigators :)


This week was so awesome!! Heavenly Father is really helping us with our work here. When Sister Ko got here at the beginning of the transfer we didn't have very solid investigators so we've been working hard, sifting through a lot of our old investigators, finding new ones, and doing a lot of praying, and the fruits are finally starting to come. We met with 2 new investigators over the past week that are extremely prepared. They're both students at Dong Hai Da Xue (university) so it's fun to teach people our age that we can relate to in a lot of ways.
 
One is named Anne (at least that's her English name) and she is SO cute! Every time she sees me she says really enthusiastically, "MorAy!!" (with the emphasis on the "a," haha). We're trying to help her understand that she needs to call us Sister Ko and Sister MorEy, haha, but it still is so endearing :) She has met with us 3 times already, and has expressed her desire to change her life, especially so she can help others. She's had some amazing experiences with prayer already, which have laid a firm foundation for us to start teaching her. When she prays, it's from her heart, and it brings the Spirit so strongly. She has such a repentant heart. We are so excited to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ bring the peace, stability, and change she desires in her life.
 
The other one is Lin jiemei. She is so wonderful and pretty much acts like a member already! She meets with us frequently, is so eager to come to any activities, and loves church! Both her and Anne came to a singles FHE on Monday at our recent convert's (Peng Family) home, which was a huge success. During the gospel share at the end of the activity they both shared how when they come they have a really happy, warm feeling, and expressed their desire to keep learning. It was a wonderful blessing to hear them share their seedlings of testimony, and afterwards everyone was so excited to attend their upcoming baptisms! They've already got incredible support networks of faithful members, which is the best way for missionary work to progress. We are so excited for them!
 
It was also really nice to go to the temple again today. I always get so excited to go and remember all the times I visited the Taipei Temple as a Young Woman. I felt a lot of peace and encouragement there, especially as they prayed for the missionaries. I thought about how every temple in the world prays for the missionaries, and how I have so many of my friends and family praying for me, which gave me a lot of strength. It always does when I think about it. I can't thank you enough. I love you all soooooo much, I can't even express it!!
 
Since I forgot my conference notebook last week, here's the list of my favorite speakers (and the ones you can include on the CD for me, Mom): Elder Perry, Elder Richards, President Eyring, Elder Nelson, Elder Oaks, Elder Ballard, President Uchtdorf, Elder Bednar, and Elder Holland. They were all so good though!! It's hard to limit it to these!
 
Oh my goodness, I LOVE the Gospel. It brings me so much comfort in times of trial, and so much joy when things are going well! I love seeing people's lives change when they start living it faithfully. There is incredible power, safety and joy when we live the principles of the gospel complete with its ordinances. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith, and brings the fullness of God's blessings, most importantly of the Atonement, to those who follow.
 
All my love,
Sister Morey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment