Monday, February 13, 2012

Short Note :)

This week was crazy mostly because lots of abnormal things happened (like having a zone scramble where each missionary in the zone served with a different companion for a day; and making a trip to the hospital for my companion to get an endoscopy done to check up on her stomach ulcer... that was SO fascinating!! Haha, you know me... it was just about the coolest thing ever to watch. I just wish I had a narrator to go along with it, but it was still cool to apply some of my anatomy/physiology knowledge!). BUT, despite all the craziness of the week, we still had one of the happiest moments ever... a baptism!! He jiemei is super cute. Mom, she reminds me so much of you. She "dances" as she walks and does cute stuff like that. Seriously, she's just about an Asian version of you, haha :) Anyway, she's the mom of the second counselor in the relief society presidency and she was so excited. It was so tender to hear her daughter's talk and how happy she was to have another family member join with her in the gospel. They love studying the gospel together, and the thing both of them are most excited is attending the temple together. She's converted through and through. I have no worries about her :). It was one of the most memorable baptisms not only because the whole ward was so excited for it, but also because everyone was so happy that no one remembered to turn the water off and as we started singing the opening song the baptismal font started overflowing! Ahhh! My companion and I started laughing so hard, but also ran to the back to get some mops, hahaha. Many of the members also responded and started finding various ways to get the water off the floor. It was really so funny. He jiemei was so good and tried to stay concentrated by holding up the hymn book high enough she couldn't see, and always keeping her eyes focused on the speaker... till the very end and I'm sure she just couldn't keep from watching the moppers anymore, haha. Needless to say, it was definitely something I'll never forget!

Anyway, I don't have much time this week because we're going on an adventure to see some really pretty flowers! But I'll share more next week :)

All my love,
Sister Morey


No comments:

Post a Comment