Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

I'm SO, SO sorry I don't have much time to write today, but I have some great news to share!
We have an investigator that will be baptized this month! This week was incredible as we saw her finally get her answer.  :D

Chinese New Year was awesome this week! A lot of members invited us over to their houses for dinner so we ate lots of good food! I was scared that I would have to eat a lot of scary things, but the members were so mindful of us and cooked things they thought we would like!  :) There were a few things I was nervous to eat, but at least I avoided eating pig’s feet... which was on the table, by the way :) This week is called POWER WEEK to get the work back up and moving again after a slow week, so we're leaving the door an hour earlier than usual. I'm so excited to get back on fire!

Thanks for your updates, and ya, I knew the snail mail would take some time to catch up with me, but I'm so excited to be able to read it sometime this week.

Oh yeah, last week I couldn't finish telling you about our adventure last P-day. We went on a 2-hour bike ride to a bat cave and a pretty waterfall. SO awesome :) The computer is not letting me send pictures this week, but I'll send them as soon as I can. It was way fun to get some "real" biking and hiking in, and to enjoy some nature since we're in the city a ton. Today was also one of our member friend's 2-year "re-birth (baptism) day" so we tried to make a cake for her... in our toaster oven! Haha... it actually would have worked, if we hadn't forgotten to put the eggs in the cake mix :P ...Oh the adventures of being a missionary in Taiwan :)

I love you so much. Please don't get worried about me. Know that I'm in the Lord's hands. Thanks for all your love, encouragement and prayers.  I know they work. :) And I know the church is true!! Nothing can rob me of that!

Love,
Sister Morey

No comments:

Post a Comment