Monday, February 28, 2011

I Love Being a Missionary!


Oh my goodness, I cannot tell you how much I LOVE being on a mission!!! I know these past few months have been a bit of a trial, but it's nothing compared to the blessings that come. I'm finding more and more joy in the work every day, and am loving the scriptures more and more. AHHH! Missionary work is SO awesome! It feels incredible to know that you're helping someone in a real, lasting, eternal way. We had some lessons this week that were really led by the Spirit, and really made a difference in people's lives. That's the best feeling in the world!

We also had a family get baptized this week!! They are soooo awesome, and when they shared their testimonies afterwards, the Spirit was really strong. After the baptism I told them that if they prepare to be sealed in the Temple on their year mark that I would be able to attend. Sister Peng was really happy, and we're going to work really hard with them so they can meet that goal.

I forgot to tell you about my new area and companion last week! My new companion, like I said before, is a Native, Chu(3) Jie Mei. Dad, I know you were wondering how my Chinese was improving now that I have a native as my companion, and, funny story, she's actually an English Major... so needless to say, we've been cheating a bit. :P BUT I've still been learning really fast, and people are always astounded at how well I can speak after being on-island for only 2 months. AND, I've also been working on my Taiwaneese :) I already know how to say about 5 basic gospel phrases, as well as "your hair looks pretty!" My companion says all the amahs (old ladies) love that one!

Chu Jie Mei is awesome! Our new area is great, and part of our area is a huge hill that takes about 40 minutes to ride up and it's a fun 10-minute ride down. My legs are getting waaay strong, hehe :)

Dad, thank you so much for your letter. Every time I read your letters they really touch my heart. I've been feeling so much better this week as I've been learning to fight my feelings of discouragement. The Lord has been teaching me so much, and I really have been growing more than I thought through this experiences. I have hope and trust in the promises that have been made to me. They are marvelous, and I will NEVER quit working towards them in faith.

I love you all SOOOO much, I can't say it enough! I know you're in the Lord's hands, which is the best place you can be, so I'm not too worried. :) Missionary work is the best, and my testimony is getting stronger and stronger. I KNOW this gospel is true, with all my heart.

Love,

Sister Morey

1 comment:

  1. Sister Morey,
    I saw your picture on the 7th Ward bulletin board yesterday with a link to your blog.
    I said to myself, "I wonder if she is a relative of the Moreys in our ward in Kentucky."
    I love your blog. I'm not sure how you have time to keep it up. We have one at hahntaiwan.blogspot.com.
    We are assigned to the Taipei Taiwan Temple and look forward to seeing you the next time you come. If you bring your recent convert family to the temple before 20 Mar 2012, we will be here.
    May the Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete